Normally the mixing (or networking) over song, dance, chatter, and drinks, happens after a hard day of conferencing. At Beyond Dynamic Adaptability the mixing will be integral to the experience and begins early at the Art Bar.
- The Art Bar Band: Todd Brown on guitar, Michael Shiono on bass, and Karamo Susso on kora. Other musicians and spokenword artists join as the day progresses.
- Open Mic: Responses to the Plenary featuring interpretations by Russian dance psychic Dr. Zebroski and “musical conversation” by Todd Brown. You can the stage to share your thoughts with or without musical accompaniment. Tell the band to give you a bluesy backdrop as you pontificate on new forms of civic dialogue.
- Performance Poet Baruch Porras-Hernandez flexes his poetic prowess.
- Drag Art – Maryam Farnaz Rostami performs an excerpt from her one-woman show.
- Write your Dynamic Haikus – Voice your opinion in a classic, exquisitely short, Japanese form. Artists will be collecting and reading haikus throughout the day. Remember, 5, 7, 5.
- Spill it in the Video Confessional Booth – You’ve been watching all your favorite reality TV stars spill their guts for years, now it’s your turn! Take a minute and share your thoughts about the conference, the arts, the Bay Area, or more in the Video Confessional Booth.